Microsoft Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xonk, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xonk

xonk Registered Member

Hi

I am using Vista Home Premium and currently trying to install updates. Having lots of problems i.e. on each occasion of trying, I am being told that download complete but when I check them out they are all being shown as failed. This has been going on for the past two weeks. Prior to that had no problems with downloading/installing updates.
    Can anyone suggest a possible cause and perhaps how to fix the problem

Being told that there are 24 important updates, some for Vista and others for Office 2007.

The fact that I am unable to update is causing some concern for security reasons.

Tks
    Xonk

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello

Have you tried downloading only one or two of the of the updates separately rather than downloading all at the same time?

If still no joy, then Method 1, here might do the trick...

philby

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Some updates say in the description that the update has to be installed by itself, also some updates require the computer to be restarted in order for the changes to take effect.

4. xonk

xonk Registered Member

Hi

Your response very much appreciated.

Tried to update individually but situation as before.
    Regarding the suggested site, can you please confirm as to whether the instructions are also applicable on PC using Vista.
    Reason for asking is that the article appears to deal solely with XP.
    No doubt it might be applicable but asking nonetheless before attempting to carry out instructions

Tks

5. philby

philby Registered Member

Hi Xonk

I couldn't tell you for sure as there doesn't seem to be any mention of the same fix applying to Vista on MS Support :rolleyes:

Found this though, referring to registering the same dll among others, although it assumes you're getting an error code...

Sorry not to help more.

philby

6. xonk

xonk Registered Member

Hi Guys

Late response regretted. Your efforts appreciated.
    Pleased to inform you that the problem has now been solved. Unfortunately unable to say how it occurred but the situation is as follows:

Having had no success whatsoever, I made a conscious decision to give WIN 7 a bash and preordered a copy. As you know this system became official on 22nd OCT. I rcvd my copy a few days ago.

The fact that I was having no success in updating SP2 in Vista I became very frustrated and exhausted but a few days before receiving my copy disc of Win 7 I decided to have another go and lo and behold it did the business without any problem. No idea why in the past it did not succeed.

Not being a favourite of Vista even the update succeeded, it has to go and I am now in the process of preparing to backup necessary files because I am going to do a clean install as opposed to upgrade.

Once again apologies for late response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.