Microsoft slings mud at Google Chrome for 'stealing privacy'

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

"Microsoft Works" -- my favorite oxymoron.

Chrome+ is EASY to uninstall.

Unlike Chrome, Chrome+ does not install itself in Documents & Settings, but instead installs into C:\Programs, like every other program except arrogant Google's little browser. Also, unlike Chrome, Chrome+ doesn't install the sneaky auto-update apps that Google insists upon adding when you use Chrome.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thanks Bellgamin, I believe it was the auto-update files that seemed to infest my system. It sure seems like once Google hooks on, it doesn't want to let go. Can I assume that Chrome+ is basically the same program, minus the, admittedly well-intended auto-updating? How far behind on updates is Chrome+? Others like SR, are a bit too slow for my comfort, but a day or two behind isn't a problem at all in my mind.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I just bit the bullet and installed it. Need to play around with it more but so far so good! It looks like it gets updated often enough which is cool.

I also installed Adblock for it with Easy Filter List. Looks good to far, but would like to learn more tweaks for privacy and performance (if necessary).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.