Microsoft Security Essentials updated

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

+1

Microsoft can make a great product at first then support for the product slowly goes down. I see so many changes Microsoft can make to MSE that would make the product better. Microsoft is so secretive compared to other company's.

2. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I'm not saying it's a bad AV. I actually think it's quite good. I just had some minor issue's with it.

Ice

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

If you want to see what secretive looks like, take a look at Apple.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

lol, let me ask you something. What difference would it make to your life if you knew or didn't? To me, none. I'd love to know what's changed sure, but it truly makes 0 difference to my life whether I know or not.

So many people thinking it's "going down the drain" just because they don't involve heavily within the community. It's just incorrect information. The fact that it's only just been updated already shows it's actively being worked on.

I just don't understand where people are coming up with all these complete and utter guesses that it's "going down the drain" because Microsoft is being Microsoft and not releasing a change log....

5. osubuck

osubuck Registered Member

So because you have no interest or care for this in your life, that means no one else might like to know?

Sure it shows that its being actively updated, thats the whole point! You explain what the changes are, so if you run into a problem you'll understand why, or what might be conflicting with your system, as well as possibly help fix bugs for them.

Well as we have seen with history, it tends to repeat itself. If we have a look back at the track record of windows security, its not in the limelight.

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Good points well made osubuck, guess we'll wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.