Microsoft Security Essentials (1.0.1963.0)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

You are prompted to upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials (1.0.1963.0)

If you are running a previous version of Microsoft Security Essentials, such as version 1.0.1407.0, 1.0.1500.0, 1.0.1610.0, 1.0.1961.0, or an earlier version, you may notice an action item that prompts you to upgrade to the latest version of the program. You are prompted to do this through the Microsoft Security Essentials user interface, through a pop-up window, or through a "toast" message. Additionally, you may notice an "Important" or "High priority" download, Microsoft Security Essentials Client update package - KB2254596, on Microsoft Update that offers an upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials.

Important If you are running a beta version of Microsoft Security Essentials, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version. By upgrading now, you help make sure that you have continuous protection against viruses, against spyware, and against other malicious software.

To determine which version of Microsoft Security Essentials that you are running, click About Microsoft Security Essentials on the Help menu. The Help menu is found on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Security Essentials Home tab. You can find the Microsoft Security Essentials version number under System Information.

This issue occurs when you use an earlier or unsupported version of Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2254596

2. YanK33

YanK33 Registered Member

yep i cant update my virus definitions and i have to delete the software distribution folder lol but then its show me the update message and its done flawless :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.