Microsoft(r) Windows Based Script Host

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Antarctica, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi,
    Recently I have noticed I have this new program that did appeared in my Application Filtering list.o_O

I never install anything like that, should I worry or is it simply another legitimate program that is using this?

Thanks for help

2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Well, it should not "appear" somehow by itself. Did you actively allow the application? I would turn it off and see what happens ;)

Thomas :)

3. Antarctica

Hi Thomas M, no I did not allow this application, that's what I don't understando_O

4. Thomas M

There were some instances, where LnS users clicked ones on the allow application button, and afterwards they just forgot about it
    :doubt:

Since you have no idea WHY this application is allowed, I would simply deactivate it in Application filtering.

In addition you could run some virus/trojan tests using different vendors/engines.

Good luck,

5. Antarctica

Thanks Thomas M,

I know my PC is clean, that was the first thing I did, checking if I was infected with some nasties.

I will deactivate this application anyhow, but just for curiosity I wonder if Frederic could come with a answer or comment this.o_O

6. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi Antarctica

Regardless you allow or block, it’ll still make an entry in the Application Filtering list.

Is it with connecting flag rights? Or simply launching flag rights? or both?

7. Thomas M

You could directly send an E-Mail to him:
    looknstop_AT_soft4ever_DOT_C O M

P.S: How do you know for sure that your machine is clean? These currently hot discussed rootkits are very clever! Don't trust standard AV-/Trojan-horse detectors ;)

8. Thomas M

Hi PhantOm,
    good to see you :)
    Maybe you can shine some light on this one! So, this application is part of your new rule-set installer? Interesting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.