Microsoft Malware Classification Challenge

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Melf, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Melf

Melf Registered Member

Hey guys, an online competition to make better ways of classifying malware has just started up, for those of you so inclined. Coincidentally I am taking some data analytics classes online at the moment so will have some fun poking around with this :)

Post if you plan to tackle this also!

Details here:

https://www.kaggle.com/c/malware-classification/data

2. zakazak

zakazak Registered Member

Oh wow I would love to test my setup (ESET v8 with specific settings) + MBAM Pro + HMPA v3 RC143 + specific windows 8.1 x64 settings against all that malware but my laptops SSD is only 512GB.. and only 100GB free space left :D

I might download an run this on my HTPC but I would also need to clean the 4TB HDD first :S

If anyone manages to create a station that runs all the malware, please let me know cause I burn to test my setup and would love to provide my specific setups/settings to you for testing purpose.

3. Melf

Melf Registered Member

Heh :) Well, the compressed dataset is only about 35 GB, if you know how to script you could extract small groups of the malware at a time for testing ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.