Microsoft Download Manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Microsoft

2. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I'll try it soon.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Never been a fan of download managers, I guess it's helpful for those frequently downloading large files.

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It certainly looks interesting Ron, I don't know how much better it is than the manager & Status bar extension I already have in SeaMonkey, which is about as good as it gets (I don't really download much).

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

One of the advantages of a good download manager (DM) is the ability to resume a download that gets interrupted (if the server supports it). That was really helpful when I had slower connections, and it could still be useful when downloading a multi-gigabyte file, but it doesn't come up often. Some DMs also split files into pieces so the download can have multiple threads. That's helpful when servers put caps on download speed, but somethings the reassembly afterward doesn't work <g>.

6. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Sorry guys, this one seems worthless. Don't waste your time with it. Seems others at Seven forum are getting the same results as me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.