MicroSoft Automatic Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Yesterday I received an MicroSoft Automatic Update, it was a Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902). After I downloaded it and installed it I was told the system had to be restarted. I restarted the system and immediately received the following message.

RTHDCPL.EXE Illegal System DLL Relocation

The system DLL user 32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

I appears to me that the damn MicroSoft Automatic Update caused the problem. Each and every time that I now start my computer I receive the same message. My question is how do I get rid of it. If I delete the update will that solve my problem and put the system back the way it was before the update? Any assistance that I can receive will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I don't use automatic updates from MS.
    It's easier to keep track of the updates if I can select them in the event that I need to uninstall one.That happened to me regarding a modem problem caused by an update.

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I applied to hotfix and my computer is now working as it did before I applied the automatic update. I appreciate your assistance. Thank you very much. John

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks for the feedback John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.