Microsoft AntiSpyware question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Brian2005, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Brian

If i were you, i would keep Spy Sweeper as your real-time protection, it has a very large signaturebase (over 100000), but i would also keep MS Antispyware as on-demand scanner, disable the real-time protection in this and you should be ok, it might be called beta, but it has been through a long development periode first as a released product (Giant Antispyware) and then as Microsoft Antispyware beta, since early this year, you can safely use both this way IMHO. :)

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

At work, we don't even use the word beta. We just put alot of time in testing, because our users, don't like it, that one of our applications cancels or doesn't work properly.
    Application softwares aren't the same as security softwares and most of our applications are designed to earn money.

Concerning MSAS :
    As long MSAS is in beta, we at work won't install MSAS on computers in production.
    I don't work at Microsoft, so I don't know anything about the technical details of MSAS and beta indicates that the software has still no final version.
    MSAS had updating problems, uninstall problems, false positives and probably several bugs, I don't even know about.
    The word beta is enough for me, not to install MSAS on computers in production, because our users can't handle the typical problems of beta versions.

Of course Wilders has alot of knowledgeable users, who are used to beta versions and their problems, but that doesn't change my mind.
    At work we won't use MSAS until the final version exists.
    We have already troubles enough with the final version of security softwares.
    This is just a matter of principle and although I use MSAS beta myself, I won't install it at work or any other computer.
    That's why I didn't advice to install MSAS.
    I understand Wilders' point of view, try to understand mine as well.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i understand that u wouldnt install it at work but the poster (i assume) will use MSAS on a home computer. and u use it as well on ur home computer. so whats the reason to not recommend it?

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

What do I know about the original poster and what he is going to do with MSAS after that. Anything is possible.
    Do you know everything about somebody after reading just one post ?
    I just don't recommend MSAS beta now, because I don't want others to get in trouble.
    I don't care what happens to me when MSAS puts me in trouble, because I know what to do, many other users don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.