Microsoft AntiSpyware 1.0 Beta!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Elliot, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -JPK-

-JPK- Guest

Hi,
    I had the same problem than you. I have a big hosts file (VERY BIG) and It always freezed to Polymorphic Browser Hijack Scan.Then I tried scanning with a small hosts file ---> Works fine now.

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

well, ive had the m$ antispyware prg on here for 2 weeks or so. since i never had giant on here and i run NIS2005 with spywareblaster,spybot, and adaware SE ive had no probs. as a matter of fact every scan with M$ comes up clean. i dont know if this is good or not. but i was planning on dumping it once M$ decides to charge for it later.

3. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I have a HOSTS file that contains almost 33000 entries. Using the original GIANT software, it takes 6-7 minutes to run the polymorphic scan on a P4 2.6 ghertz CPU. It appears to "freeze" but it is does complete the check and then proceeds onto the Registry scan. I suspect the time for the Polymorphic check varies significantly based on the CPU and the size of the HOSTS file. My point is that the "freeze" may really just be "patience". :D My entire scan takes 10-11 minutes with GIANT.

4. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

I wouldnt trust that. I tried Giant and hated it. That spy Net thing is garbage if you ask me. And adaware SE is doing nothing for me it dont find nothing and it never updates. How is Bill Gates going to Patch up all his mistakeso_O
    Microsofts windows is a joke and is virus prone and the hackers love it.
    Do you really believe he can fix all those security holes in his softwareo_O

I trust Donald Trump more and hes a bigger jerk than Gates........... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.