Micro Trend Mess!!!!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by VaniNY, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaniNY

VaniNY Registered Member

Clarification requested. Nortons Antivirus weasled its way onto my computer and announced that I have some horrible viruses that only THEY can removed. Well I heard that Trend Micro's online scan was very effective so I began trying to use it to get rid of the viruses. After a month I realized that it would probably never work on my computer. Finally I decided to try their downloadable version and their Free Trial anitvirus program. I had a lot of trouble downloading it but finally was able to get the program. While I was trying to install it, I was forced to uninstall all of my tried and true antivirus programs such as Spybot Adaware etc. I tried to leave Spyware Blaster on but the Trend Micro installation aggressively insisted that I uninstall it. After I uninstalled Spyware Blaster, this crazy Trend Micro or program destabilized my windows installation, making it useless and inaccessible. I would continually get a blue screen stating that the problem was caused by a file named tmactmon.sys. I was unable to use my computer until I booted into safemode and restored the computer to a previous state (pre-Trend Micro). Unfortunately, when I went back to this previous state, the Spyware Blaster installation had been damaged. I would like to uninstall and reinstall but I can't.
    1. Can you tell how ot manually uninstall Spyware Blaster?
    2. Do you have any suggestions?
    3. Can you explain to me what is behind Trend Micros insistence on uninstalling all Anti-Spyware programs? How could great programs such as Adaware, Spybot or Spyware Blaster present problems to them?
    I realize that this is a very busy forum and that you are all volunteer. But I would sincerely appreciate a prompt response to this matter if at all possible.
    Thanx

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Howdy Vani, and Welcome!

Try the second paragraph here - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1197437&postcount=2
    The other reason for doing so ....
    S

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

If what GlobalForce mentioned doesn't cut it, then try uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller - http://www.revouninstaller.com/

You have both installer and portable versions. It will get the job done.

As why it would conflict with those tools you mentioned? Well, in one hand we're talking about paid software and on the other hand free software, which does a very great job, most times, even better than the paid ones.

I guess it makes sense. ;)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.