MFT Bitmap Corrupted...?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KennethS, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

um
    Howdy,

I just started to restore an image. I had a bunch to choose from, but with each, I got the V9 error MFT bitmap corrupted.

I have searched the forum to no avail.

Any hints would be most welcome...

Thanks,
    Kenneth

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please check each partition of the destination hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after checking your hard drives then please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you do not have any operating system installed on this particular PC or it does not boot for some reasons then please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download Acronis Report Utility and run it on any "healthy" PC;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please also collect the following information:

- Is the situation the same both from under Windows and when booted from Bootable Rescue CD?

- Where do you store your images?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. KennethS

KennethS Registered Member

Hello Alexey,

For now, I have a question about only the very first suggestion you made above...

You say to check EACH partition of the destination hard drive.

The destination drive had two partitions. One had just been formatted, and I do not know the condition of the other partition.

The destination partition was the newly formatted one.

I then started the Restore, and got the MFT Bitmap error. Having no other choice, I continued, and the restoration seems fine. I have been using it since, with no trouble.

Could the situation that I describe have generated the error because of a problem on the partition that was NOT the destination?

Sincere thanks,

Kenneth

Could the cause of the error have been the unformatted state of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.