MFT bitmap corrupt

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Mike Gibson, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson Registered Member

I am using DDS 9 on a Win 2003 server and cannot resize the C system partion. I am receiving an error of "MFT bitmap corrupted" message. Anyone any ideas how to fix this apart from re-formatting the C partion!

2. Mike Gibson

Mike Gibson Registered Member

Just to add, I have tried running checkdsk but this didn't fix it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

The Master File Table (MFT) is the heart of an NTFS partition. There is at least one entry in the MFT for every file on an NTFS volume. All the information about a file, including its' size, time and date stamps, permissions, data content, etc. are stored in the MFT (or in space described by the MFT). Bitmap represents the volume by showing free and unused clusters.

If it is corrupted and CHKDSK fails to check and fix this condition, then you may try reformatting your storage device, however, the data should be copied first from this device to any other available media manually.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.