mfcnt.32

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by fastbike, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastbike

fastbike Registered Member

I have mfcnt.32 running when I look into msconfig. I don't know what this is and I can't find it anywhere. Is this part of MS XP or anither program of some kind? o_O

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Fastbike and welcome!
    Googling around for it i see it mostly in relation with Linux, are you using that?
    Does TDS react on it, of if you upload it at www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html do you get any alerts then? Rightclicking the file, do the properties give any clue?
    I saw a file like that in a HiJackThis log mentioned and located in windows\system32\
    You might like to look at the guidelines for creating and posting your HijackThis log in [thread]15913[/thread] in the forum over there for expert review on possible infections, if it could be anything else.
    Please let us know about your logfile in that forum i just mentioned so we can follow the next steps.

3. fastbike

fastbike Registered Member

I think I found it in a program called regseeker. The file is in my documents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.