Metropipe - took my money, no account, no replies to emails!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by PeterBee, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterBee

PeterBee Registered Member

I signed up for 3 months of tunneler gold for $60. They said they would email me info within 24 hours. It has been a week and no reply.

I have emailed support and order support from multiple accounts with no reply from them. About a week after, for one of the replies I got an auto reply from their system that they had received my mail and would answer within 24 hours. That was half a week ago.

I have also contacted them using the contact merchant function of their credit card processor.

Their skype support is online, but no text chat support, and their skype account listed on their home page for order support no longer exists!

Also when you go to purchase page, their certificate expired last year.

WTF is up here? Do I have to go through my bank to get my money backo_O?

2. PeterBee

3. PeterBee

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Given what you have posted, is this a purely rhetorical question?

Blue

5. PeterBee

These are 3 posts, but before I found those I found many people who said MP works fine - which is why I signed up in the first place. Aside from bad customer service.. but this is beyond bad... not even sending the product... wow.

Im just amazed that if this is par for the course for MP - why aren't there more posts about it?

Ive tried Relakks, but they are not very reliable. A few times a day they don't work, and every week or two they don't work for nearly a whole day. Its also PPTP only, which is often blocked by many hotels etc.

Any other suggestions for a NON US based VPN solution? StrongVPN and veralinx look good, but US based....<<<<<<snip>>>>> looks a bit interesting - the English pages aren't super but readable. The russian pages (for us Russian speakers) look pretty decent. All of my important traffic is SSL anyways, I just need location redirection....

Other options? Set up my own VPN?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2008
  6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Off topic post removed. Contact an administrator for any concerns on the way these forums are conducted.

7. PeterBee

Not sure why that URL got snipped... but anyways I found yet another one that looks decent that Ill try - but afraid to mention it else it might get snipped too? Or is it just direct URL's that are banned? Can I post the names of places?

MetroPipe gets worse... their CC processor has a nice login - but not dispute mechanism or way to contact from consumer. Calling bank now...

Guess MetroPipe has imploded this year :(

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

See ronjor's post right above:

In the meanwhile, refrain from posting other URL's on the matter.

regards,

paul

9. PeterBee

I saw the post - but wouldn't it be easier just to say "Links are not allowed" or something like that for any to see?

Its really disgusting how bad many of these VPN offerings are :( Ive tried one more (not the one I linked) and I hope it will work out... Will post more after I've had a chance to evaluate it.

10. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Hey peter, sorry you're having trouble getting a nice VPN. Contact me offlist and I'll take you for a spin.

11. PeterBee

For now I've gone with Personal Privacy and am quite happy. Their support has been excellent and they offer a variety of protocols and locations.

That being said - Im always open to others in the future. I've paid for 3 months.

I do not trust any VPN offering offered by a US domiciled company. On a point of interest Xerobank has this on their contact page:
    TORRIFY LLC, PO BOX 636, CHARLESTOWN, NEVIS, WEST INDIES

Are you in fact located there? I'm on the island next to you in St Kitts. :)

12. decrypt

decrypt Registered Member

I am looking for a VPN solution also. Can you email me the url of this Personal Privacy. Can't seem to find the website. The best match I could find is Perfect-Privacy.

13. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Hi Peter,

Steve lives in Dallas, Texas. The servers are in Germany. The same Germany that even Gmail has threatened to leave over all the surveillance proposals. Running a privacy service from Germany is almost as bad as running a privacy service from the United States. The company (XeroBank) also has a P.O. Box in Nevis, West Indies and is incorporated in Panama. By the way, in an interview last week with an online magazine, Steve is said to be only a "consultant" to XeroBank. Hmmm. He also says their servers are "all over the world" (yet I have been told, everyone who checks their IP address with XB Premium Services - sees a German IP address). Because XB offers a free TOR browser, it makes it easy for Steve to confuse the issue. WHOIS lists German administration. Who knows what the hell is going on. There's so many questions regarding them and MetroPipe (see my several postings in the other thread listing all the connections with MP (too blatant to deny) and his absurd plea to accept it all as "coincidence." Steve is friendly, humorous, but parses words so well he really should consider politics. Actually, I think he's in real estate in DFW - which helps explain that.

One other thing...as far as really making money, I have heard from some knowledgeable people that Steve's real money-making goals for XB is through commissions and sales of digital currency (gold, etc.) More connections there that I won't go into here.

Anyway, you'll hear a lot from Steve and XeroBank here at Wilders as he decided to shut down his own forum at XB and just do it all here using Paul Wilders' bandwidth and dollars..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  14. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I ordered a tunneler a couple of days ago just to see. I received it with no problem. It was very inexpensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. It is just too slow for me. And I don't like it taking over my browser. Maybe it is possible to use it on opera only or something. I haven't taken the time to find out.

I primarily use XB VPN and am very pleased. But I do like to play around with stuff. I have used IPhantom, but I don't think it is offered anymore. It has secure DNS but the servers are US. I have tor, of course. But it is too slow to use all the time. But it's fun to play with occasionally. I use it sometimes if I need a different IP for a message board or something. Somehow OperaTor seems to provide a different set of IP's than the Vidalia bundle.

If you are looking for something like that Tunneler, try a demo of XB Plus. It is very fast and not too expensive. I don't know of any other services that are comparable, unless that new one is. International Alliance. I haven't tried them yet. But the Plus accounts work far better than that tunneler. I was expecting something a little better/faster. I like to jump around a lot.

15. decrypt

I am looking at the Pro one because I am using it for P2p also but it is too expansive for me.

16. caspian

caspian Registered Member

It is expensive. But I can honestly say that if I could not afford it, I would literally go out and mow a couple of lawns or whatever to come up with the money. It means that much to me.

The kind of data collecting and spying that I have been reading about makes me sick. They aren't just spying on terrorists. They spy on religious groups, peace groups, the vegetarians and the "queers", and of course the atheists. They can spy on anyone for any reason and no one will ever know.....because they do not have to comply with anyone or anything. I am to the point now that I am offended at the idea of anyone knowing how many times I go to dictionary.com. It is no one's business. (and it *is* actually a little embarrassing too, hehe)

There is only one service that I have not tried yet that may be comparable. But XeroBank VPN is fast and easy to use and it is not in the US. Plus I can use it on any computer. I use it every time I visit my parents.

17. decrypt

Signed up for Xero Pro, 3 months subscription. The VPN is pretty fast compared to other VPNs I have tried but I am unable to open any port when using BT. So far the 2 best VPN I have used is StrongVPN and Xero Pro but StrongVPN resides in US.

18. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I didn't have any trouble on my own machines using torrents over xerobank, when using mu torrent, but I've seen some issues. I'll inquire if there are any traversal issues and see what we can do to speed up P2P traffic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.