Messenger Remote Assistance

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Dugite, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

Hi all,
    my father (85) bless him, lives some 5000K from me on the other side of Australia, I'm in Sydney he's in Perth.
    I have always fixed his computer problems with remote assistance using Windows Vista but yesterday we both had to uninstall ESS because we could not get a connection. It is too hard for me to explain to him "interactive mode" so he was on Automatic mode. After both uninstalling ESS and putting NOD32 back on we connected without issue.
    I would like to run ESS and also have him on ESS but I use remote assistance with him on a regular basis is there a way for us to achieve this please.

PS we both right clicked the ESS icon and temporarily disabled the firewall but still no go.

2. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

Hi all,
    it would appear by the number of people that have looked at the thread and no replies it is another one that goes into the "too hard box". We have both decided to go back to the AV solution only and let Vista firewall help us out. With this we have no problems setting up Remote Assistance.

Cheers

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A convenient solution to this problem will be learning mode that will be introduced in a new version of ESS that is currently in the works (please do not ask about any dates yet ;))

4. Dugite

Dugite Registered Member

Thanks Marcos, I'll keep my eyes open for this one and give it a go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.