Messenger Plus

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Devilin, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilin

Devilin Registered Member

Hi Primrose :D

Hi everybody.I'm just downloading messenger plus.to re check for changes.and to make sure my information is up to date.I've managed to scrape together a test PC. so formatting my PC won't be such a chore. last time I checked this software.and various ways of removing it.I needed to format.because the PC ended up in a boot lock.it's still the worst case of spyware infestation I've ever tested.

I was just reading through Privacy & Security Concerns.I haven't laughed so loudly in ages. http://www.msgplus.net/help_faq.php?expand=2#safe

quote "popularity brings jealousy" all those logs were created by fictional characters out of jealousy.nobody really needed your help

quote"ignore pointless debates taking place on various Messenger forums" true nothing can ever be learnt by debating. questioning and thinking should go as well.it's all pointless, just install the money making sponsor.and be happy :D

Sorry the serious question-

quote"When you use the POP3 mail feature, a connection to your mail server is done. It uses port 110 by default, like any other mail client does, so it's completely risk free. Also, this feature is disabled by default.((port 80), again, there is no risk of intrusion.)"

? I'm not a expert on anything.but it doesn't seem sensible that any open port could be considered risk free. in any way whatsoever.but maybe I'm wrong?

And I seem to recall.port 80. and 110 are exactly the sort of open ports.hackers just absolute love.but maybe I'm wrong.could somebody correct me upon this?

2. Devilin

Breaking news.could somebody please confirm

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Microsoft anti spyware beta. identified and successfully removed

Messenger Plus!
    Type: Software Bundler
    Threat Level: Moderate
    Author: Patchou

Description: Messenger Plus! is an add-on for MSN Messenger that can also install third-party adware programs.

Advice: Moderate-risk items have some potential for adverse effect, but may be part of a wanted service. Users may decide to ignore such programs after review.

About Software Bundler: A program that installs other potentially unwanted software, such as adware or spyware. The license agreement of the bundling program may require these other components in order to function.

C2.Lop
    Type: Spyware
    Threat Level: Severe
    Author: C2 Media Ltd.

Description: Lop is a group of spyware and redirector programs that reset your Internet Explorer start page and search features to specific Web sites.

Advice: Severe-risk items have an extreme potential for adverse effect, such as a security exploit, and should be removed.

About Spyware: Software that collects information, such as the websites a user visits, without adequate consent. This may include installing without prominent notice or running without a clear method to disable.

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Messenger Plus is a piece of malware itself. You should know that Patchou bundles spyware or adware together with his stupid Messenger Plus program.

Just stay away from messenger plus, please.

Go and ask the other security experts if Messenger Plus is clean and free of spyware/adware.

Messenger Plus!
    Type: Software Bundler
    Threat Level: Moderate
    Author: Patchou

Description: Messenger Plus! is an add-on for MSN Messenger that can also install third-party adware programs.

Messenger Plus is NOT made or produced by Microsoft. Some @#$%^ called Patchou invented this stupid program so that he can infect more computers with spyware or other types of malware. Since Microsoft ANTIspyware detected this as a spyware/adware threat, its clear that this messenger plus is just a piece of spyware/adware rubbish.

Even if you decline to have the optional sponsor ( spyware junk) installed, it still infects your computer. During installation, Messenger Plus will ask if you want to install a sponsor program... that's the part where it all starts... some people don't even read the EULA carefully... the info may/may not be stated in the prog's EULA.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Hi Devilin,
    I currently have problems with ANY anti being used to clean not only MesgPlus problems..Hotbar..Aroura or all the rest without first doing it as recommend by the bums who bundle it and then running your ANTI programs to see ifyou can clean off more. I have seen to many PC's still being trashed , broken or legit apps not functioning doing it the other way around.. and then you still need a good REG cleaning tool.

Even the Hijackthis guru's are running into that problem..and also the fact they must now tell people who want help cleaning the logs with their method to even turn off various real time ANTI programs..or else they have found they can not even successfully clean off all the bits.

So it is all on a case by case basis..since most likley the users has other badboys in the PC the way these "affiliates" are set up in the "we now own your PC" world.. with the combined bundles that are vicious and sneaky.

6. Devilin

Arrr It was nice while it lasted - Primrose. :D of course your correct.no killer app can replace.knowledge and experience. with ever morphine spyware.it was nice while it lasted low- :D

I'll test it again with a reg shot.just out of curiosity

Pity easy clean isn't still free.it wasn't terrific.but it was safe even for the most inexperienced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.