Messenger Plus Live

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Onouco, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onouco

Onouco Registered Member

Hi to all. As many knows, the messenger plus live extension contains malware if it is installed sponsor based. Otherwise none of antimalware software does alert anything. But is it enough to say that extension is secure? Can any program behave in a malicious way (spy and trojan issues) ,even, while the antimalware programs finds nothing important and that program is properly installed? Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

of course; no antimalware has perfect detection rates.

u can use a HIPS like prevx1, SSM or ghost security suite to control what programs can do, stop keyloggers and rootkits, etc.

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Counterspy detect and handle it, so "none" is not correct;)

4. Onouco

Onouco Registered Member

Might be a false positive? Even scanned with kaspersky (in addition nod32 and mcafee) but found nothing. What counterspy found, mate?

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Why not? It's possible. I strongly urge anyone out there NOT to download and install this messenger plus extension as it contains malware in it.

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Last week i noticed this post, it was you very first one here at Wilders.
    Because i had other, more important work to do, you get with delay now my reply.

I would say: a bad introduction of yourself.
    I can't remember we were on the same school, neither i remeber you from the pub, and for sure i'm not your "mate".

Smokey

7. Onouco

Onouco Registered Member

Here u go. I think there's plenty of time for you to realise pm option is for private issues.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hi, when i installed it ages ago windows antispyware beta detected it as malware and got rid of the malware bit.
    so i got rid of the whole program because i dont know if any of the other parts of the app contain malware or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.