[merged] xp service pack 2 / xpservice pack2 again

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by fijiboy, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

Hi.
    I just printed out the Current Windows Product Id numbers because I want to install xp servicepak 2.These numbers are different than the numbers shown when I first installed id blaster and printed out the product id numbers.
    So my question is how can I make sure I can get the servicepak 2 installed properly.I don't know what the original numbers were or how to get back to the original id numbers.Is there a way to do that automatically through id blaster or do I have to do it manually.

2. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

xp service pack 2 again

Hi.
    I've just been reading some old posts specifically from javacool to the tester dated oct 6 2002.In that post javacool states that you can change back to the original id numbers easily.So how would I do that so that I can download and install the xp service pack.I can't find it and I don't know where to go to restore the original numbers.What would happen if I uninstalled id blaster.Would the original id #s return or would they be set on the last ones before I disabled randomization?
    Another question is from a post dated dec 18/19 2003 from wvman45 and reply from lowwatermark about how id blaster scrambles id #'s to prevent tracking.So what is the difference tracking wise between an id # and an ip address? Aren't they both visible or is the ip adress only visible when using hotmail/yahoo/norton etc. type applications.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Since both post's were on same subject by the same user I merged the two post's

bigc

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I have a C:\WINDOWS\repair folder that contains the registry as it was when XP was installed. Use some app like RegdatXP to open the "system" file. Navigate to and look for:

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\Key...

Works for me.

Nick

5. fijiboy

fijiboy Guest

Thanx Nick.I'm going to try that.Sorry I had to get heavy to get some attention to this problem but oh well what's done is done and it can't be undone.

6. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Hi Fijiboy,
    I lost my original id numbers :oops: ,
    but i found the following workaround to start SP2 :D :

In ID Blaster I entered the Id that shows up in the info screen from one of the ofiice packages. I noticed they were different from the ones shown by ID Blaster and gave it a try.

The SP2 update than worked fine :D

Only problem now is that at startup I get the message that my product key isn't correct blah blah blah contact administrator blah blah :rolleyes:
    But it continues working !

So have a try

7. I did a restore to before I used ID-blaster, and that seems to have restored the IDs. I realised I had lost the original numbers just after I started to use id blaster, so a restore was easy.

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.