Merge incremental images?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thany, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thany

thany Registered Member

Is there a way to "merge" incremental images into a single one (which will be the newest)? I thought I'd do this by mounting the image an creating an image of that virtual partition, but that doesn't work...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thany,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that there is no such option in current version of Acronis True Image. As a workaround I can suggest that you restore the image to a spare drive and then create the full image of it so that it will be independent of previous incrementals.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. thany

thany Registered Member

Alright, I'll do that. I guess the best way for me is to do that in a virtual machine, such as VMware or VirtualPC. No problem there.

But, will you consider including a "merge" kind of feature in a future release?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thany,

I am afraid we cannot guarantee that this will work because you use different computer with different hardware (even though it is virtual machine). Also please note that you will loose all the restore points except the last one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hello all - anyone want to discuss this question?

I understand why Ilya want to raise a warning about this, but do anyone of you really see a problem with using a virtual PC in the manner described by thany to re-create a full image??

Maybe it is because it is Friday afternoon and my brain needs to rest, but I can not see what the problems could be. Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.