Memory Usage

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by BuzzStone, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

I have been using Nod for awhile now and noticed it is using, what I think is a lot of ram. Kernal Service: 57MB, Control Center: 40MB. I don't think this is normal. Also, it never stops scanning files. The computers been on for a couple of days now and it's up to 178,000 files scanned by AMON.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Reinstall NOD32

1) Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    Trial version or Full paid version

2) Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot when prompt

4) After restart , go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you downloaded in step 1
    Use "Typical" install

6) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall. Then Update NOD32 !

Use the default settings at the beginning and see how it is going .

3. BuzzStone

BuzzStone Registered Member

That did it Hi_Tech boy! I now recall that I uninstalled Nod the other day for some reason, and did not delete Eset. Thank you!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome!

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

This is normal behavior..AMON is the "real time file protection"...it's continuously scanning your systems files as your PC does day to day things, and as you use your PC. The more you use your PC, the more programs you work with, the more files you work with...will be scanned..and this counter will keep going up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.