memory for Aladdin 5

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dontana, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontana

dontana Registered Member

o_O Good Day all....I was told that increasing memory would help with the overall "speed" of my puter. It only has 64meg. I would love to go to the "Office Depot" or somewhere similar to get the memory upgrade I need. Ah, alas, I `m not sure I know what to get. Is there a "universal" memory upgrade? Or do I need to know what kind of board it`s goin in. My board is an "Alladdin 5" , I have gone to "pcpitstop" and have a special site to visit that tells of my system. May I post that info here? I`d love to find a place to go that would not only tell of my system, but if you needed any kind of upgrades, it would tell what would work/compatible for the system tested. Wow, :eek: what an asset that would be! I`d probably still have some of my hair left! lol.
    -Don

2. dontana

dontana Registered Member

By the way............Some info on my system:
    AMD K6-2 w/multimedia extensions
    Bios -AwardSoftware International,Inc. 4.51PG 12/11/98
    Board: Aladdin5

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I am not saying that u should try this, but with my pc for memory upgrade, i purchased a static wrist strap, and mat, and removed the cover of my pc, but u should use a static wrist strap before doing anything to your pc, incase of any static damage to any component, On the side of the existing ram already, was all the information i needed, like 256 pc133 and168 pin so i went ahead and ordered it from ebuyer and installed it with no problem, now i have 640 mb of ram.
    To let u know as well i went to the official web site of the motherboard i have installed to check i did have the corect ram.
    the mul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.