Megauploads New MegaManager Does it contain Spyware?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by AnthonyG, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

I was just wanting to ask if anyone knows if the new Megaupload MegaManager software contains any bundled spyware.

http://www.megaupload.com/manager/

The reason why I am asking is the Megaupload Toolbar is famous for containing Alexia Spyware. And the toolbar actually comes up as an optional installation after the installation of the Megamanager software. And the TOS for the Toolbar still confirms it has this bundled with it.

However I can not seem to see anything wrong or suspicious for the MegaManager. But with the unscrupulousness of the Toolbar from Megaupload it is something I felt I should ask for it to be confirmed by spyware experts.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Says in the LicencingAgreement (just after the EULA):

... guess it still has alexia spyware then ;)

Not 100% sure, but if you DO NOT select "would like to install the MegaUpload Toolbar", you might be safe, not sure though:
    http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/39/63083222aw0.th.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  3. kiron

kiron Registered Member

hi there anthony,
    if a company ever needed zeroing it would be 'megauploads' ! i tried in good faith to sample their so called 'free download' and now my computer is completely clogged with their program. no matter how i try i cannot get it off of my comp and worst still it wont allow me to download anything, either through megaupload or any other provider such as rapid share!

what gets me is who on earth decides to make life difficult for prospective customers? crazy marketing ploy as i for one am advising all of my students and online buddies to steer well clear of this cheap and insipid company. though trying to get shot of it is still proving to be a complete nightmare. [any advise on this would be truely welcome!]
    and if you try, as i have, to contact them you get,,,,,,, absolutely nothing in reply?

in short anthony, DONT GO ANYWHERE NEAR MEGAUPLOAD!!

regards,
    kiron, wales uk :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.