Meeting the Swedish bank hacker

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by gates, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gates

gates Registered Member

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

It would be interesting to know if the bank concerned was using Microsoft IIS or an Apache/Unix setup, because the latter are supposed to be much harder to infiltrate.

There's little doubt that the claim about banks concealing the extent of their losses is correct. 'Confidence' in the system, however unjustified, is paramount.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

Nice article, thanks for the heads up. I guess this is one of my main fears, that a trojan will plunder my bank account. :shifty:

4. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the article link.
    Just a few days ago i found that a friend pc ha been infected with
    Backdoor-Haxdoor.
    Her Trojan Remover found it Heuristically but inspection inside TR log revealed an empty or missing file, i surmise BOClean- that she also runs -might have provided to it,i didnt have the time to find out for sure as my worry was using what she has,that is Avast and Superantispyware scans, and then i proceeded to use Blacklight,Sophos antirootkit and RKU,which gave a green light of apparent cleanliness from rootkits, a first class need-priority,given the fact she's doing Trading on line,but installed against my advice p2p clients to download music in the same pc whose only great defense is Avast&BOClean.
    Of course,you can never be cathegorical about rootkits...
    I would re-image or re-install,but she dont care........(Elvis?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.