mediahud.dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Xwideout, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xwideout

Xwideout Registered Member

i get this error when i try to use sonic digital media?
    the main screen starts then i click to start a new dvd project and nothing ever happens til i close out the main screen then it gives me the errors that a certian memory cannot be written anthen one cannot be read the it gives me a error "virtual function call" r6025?

can any one help??

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

when i googled the error u described "virtual function call" r6025" there were many links with possible solutions. U might want to try that and see if one of them will help with this issue.

snowbound

3. Xwideout

i did couldnt find any that were dealing with memory and sonic

4. snowbound

Ok, well just hang in there and hopefully someone will come along with the help u need.

snowbound

5. snowbound

6. Xwideout

yes i have.

7. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

If your IE came into play and you have winxp and IE6..this is a new fix

SYMPTOMS
    When you run Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
    Runtime Error!
    Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
    R6025
    pure virtual function call
    Additionally, Internet Explorer 6 may close when you click OK to close the error message.
    Back to the top

CAUSE
    This problem may occur if applications that use Microsoft Active Accessibility programming interfaces are running on the computer.

Typically, this problem occurs in certain Active Accessibility interface implementations if Internet Explorer 6 calls functions through pointers that are not valid.

see here for a fix...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925418

8. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Now I have never heard of any .dll called mediahud.dll..so if it really goes by that name it could be a badboy..there could be possibly a legit file called mediahub.dll..but there certainly is something called mediahub.exe.

After using the sonic program for copying cd the mediahub.exe still works in the background.

People have reported..

"In my Network Places, I have a shortcut to an online FTP storage site. Basically, it lets me view my files on the remote server as if they were in a folder on my PC.

When I double-click the shortcut, CPF pops up that Sonic Central [mediahub.exe] is using Windows Explorer via OLE Automation to connect to the Internet.

Sonic Central is a completely unrelated application, it's for Sonic CD burning software. Why would CPF identify this as coming from mediahub.exe when I open the shortcut? I click Allow and it goes through, but I haven't set it permanently since it's identifying this seemingly unrelated program."

That means, Sonic Central is somehow trying to sneak in and connect itself to the internet.
    And NO! CPF does not trying to confuse everyone. It reports the exact condition, in real time.This behaviour is a common knowledge. Alot of software is trying to inject some sort of code into the "notorious" Internet Explorer to get or check for an update.

*. Windows Explorer = Internet Explorer.

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php?topic=2677.msg20460

Most of the time the people reporting the problems with this mediahub have been people with DELL where the Sonic has been pre-installed or updated...but I have a suspicion that in most cases..it is a persons FIREWALL that is stopping OR blocking the mediahub from working..either internally on the PC via explorer..or going out on the net with IE.

It seems many of these Software burning Programs and working with Microsoft for the next generation in MEDIA CENTER Technology.

PC At Center of Microsoft's Digital Media Hub Strategy
    http://www.directionsonmicrosoft.com/sample/DOMIS/update/2004/02feb/0204chpadm.htm

Here is another problem encountered along the same lines..

The last 3 days when I go to shutdown my DVD/CD drive I've been getting the message----Mediahub.exe program not responding---- Then it says The instruction at "0x00a8636b" reference memory at "0x00a979b2" The memory could not be written--------- Runtime error Program...ommonFiles\SonicShared\SonicCentral\Main\Mediahub.exe
    R6025 - purevirtual function call.
    Does anyone know what the problem is I looked at the IRQ's and didn't see any conflicts and everything seems to running fine except for the messages.It is the Sony DVD+RW/CD with Sonic Digital Media LE v7 Installed.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=84127

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.