Media Player Stopped Monitoring Files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I dont know if this is a Vista problem, or System defragment problem, or I Moved the Folders wrongly when I transfered to my External drive o_O

I fresh installed Vista, and now when I move the Music Folder from C/Drive to F/Drive Windows Media Player will not Add my music files, Although when I checked in preferences and looked in the monitor folders, it says F:\Users\Username\Music and the type is the Rip folder. All my music is in F\Users\Username\Music on my external drive, and it was working up untill just yesterday when I reinstalled Vista, but when I click add to library it zips through the folder,and adds 0 files found, there are 5000+ MP3's in the music folder, and 34.5GB in size, so it isnt empty :blink: I dont want to go through the whole process of reinstalling again, only to find out the same thing happens. Do you think it could be fragmentation causing this o_O or bad sectors o_O Or could it be that the external drive isnt reading to Media Player ?? If its not I'll have to take it back to the store, its brand new :( . One other thing, when I do an Offline defrag with PerfectDisk, it tells me No Active Pagefile on the system :blink: Is this an error with PD or has some weirdness happened o_O

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I contacted Microsoft, and after lengthy disscusions,and trying different things, it was sugested the User Account may have been corrupted, and On Creating Another account, this indeed was found to be the problem :blink: I'm back now running with my Newly created Account, and have my music up and running too :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.