Media Player 10 problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I just downloaded Media Player 10 :rolleyes: and when i went to shoutcast to listen to some stations i have enjoyed with Q-Player i received an error message from WMP informing me that the files/codics were not supported. This seems surprizing to me.......what happened o_O

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

All this is due to each company wanting a share of the pie. Quicktime, Realplayer, Windows are the big time players in this game.

All this type thinking does is drive people to find other ways to enjoy movies, music, etc, on their computers. And there are other ways.

It is a tad aggravating to go watch a movie trailer that only offers one format.

If the web sites want loyalty, they should offer a format that all players can use.

Thanks for listening. :)

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

OK Ron....i suspected as much

4. Shae

Shae Registered Member

Yeah. QuickTime and Windows Media Player don't play nice together..they use the same files. You can have Real Player installed right alongside, Media Player, or Real Player and QuickTime, but not Media Player and QuickTime...they fuss with one another...found that out the hard way... :( Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.