Media.fastclick

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JASTECH, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASTECH

JASTECH Registered Member

I keep getting this wanna be screen saver advertisement from Media.fastclick.net. I thought the firewall would stop this type of trash? When I had OutPost Pro it had it as a default to stop this mess. Thanks, JAS

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Can you make a screenshot?

3. JASTECH

I will have to wait for the next one, lol. It had saltwater fish swimming across it. I would think an "ads" filter would stop this from even getting it? I also use CounterSpy and it didn't stop it either. Thanks, JAS

4. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

5. Stormboy

Stormboy Registered Member

6. JASTECH

That is much harder ton install on VISTA do to lack of access.

7. JASTECH

If I may, the firewall should be able to stop this as OutPost Pro does. ESET take note. I do see the advantage of the 3rd party proggies but ESS can handle this I think?Thanks, JAS

8. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

nope im glad that ess doesnt do ads and rubbish which would add bloat to the program.

id reccomend using firefox with adblock/filterset g updater

9. JASTECH

That's an idea, I do use Firefox. But I don't think that would be much bloatware, and the usefulness would be there by many I think. As I had stated above, when I was beta testing OP Pro there was allot of demands for it and so they added it to it and many are satisfied with their firewall and it is still rated in the top. Thanks, JAS

10. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

yeh and look at the state of OP2008 now, its a buggy bloated cpu draining pile of *&^*%

11. JASTECH

fastclick.jpg

Here is that screen shot you wanted.

12. JASTECH

Is this already in Firefox?

13. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

14. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

I notice tor is off in that screenshot but if it happens when tor is enabled there there'd be little anyone could do really but if not then you'll just have to add the media.fastclick ip to block in the browser.

15. Stormboy

Stormboy Registered Member

Sorry did not realize you were running vista.
    Should have looked at your specs :)

16. JASTECH

Something like these.

Outpost Firewall Pro Plug-ins*

Outpost Firewall Pro is the only personal firewall to support a full range of plug-ins that gives you a whole extra layer of protection against a variety of Internet-borne threats. Outpost plug-ins are developed by third-party vendors using the Outpost Developers Toolkit and are certified by Outpost to work seamlessly with the core Outpost components. Visit our developer area to learn more about writing and publishing Outpost plug-ins.
    PC Flank ‘WhoEasy’

PC Flank WhoEasy lets you uncover information about any computer in the world that can help you turn the tables on hackers and report them to the appropriate authorities as well as their ISP. You can get the name of the network provider, the network admin and network contact details such as city, state or province, country, even the phone number and street address. Download a free 30-day trial of PC Flank 'WhoEasy'.
    Blockpost

Blockpost blocks all kinds of spyware and adware. With the help of Blockpost, you can also create an UnTrusted Zone to store IP addresses you want to block completely. More information and a download link can be found in the BlockPost thread on the Outpost Firewall forum.
    Super Stealth

SuperStealth protects you from any IP-based attack, scan, flood or connection request and all IP-based incoming traffic from your LAN neighbors including TCP, HTTP and FTP-based traffic. More information and a download link can be found in the SuperStealth thread on the Outpost Firewall forum.
    HTTPLog

HTTPLog can be used to log HTTP requests, toggling between a simple URL list and a complete list of HTTP client requests and server answers. More information and a download link can be found in the HTTPLog thread on the Outpost Firewall forum.
    Traffic Led

Traffic Led creates a systray icon that displays traffic upload and download speed. You can set an automatic or fixed download scale and different levels for upload and download process. More information and a download link can be found in the TraffLed thread on the Outpost Firewall forum.
    DialStop

Dialstop is an Outpost Firewall Pro plug-in that protects the system against unauthorized attempts to dial a phone number through the installed modem. A special kind of malicious software called Rogue Dialers may dial premium or long-distance numbers thus causing heavy financial loss to the unwary user, and dial DialStop is created especially to prevent that from happening (see article).

When installed, it is available from the Outpost’s plug-in settings, along with other third-party plug-ins. Download

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This thread seems to concern the Outpost firewall more than Eset Smart Security so it has been moved to the other firewalls forum.

If you have specific concerns with Eset products, please post them in the Eset forum.

Please note that comparisons will be moved to the proper forum.

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks . As the browser opens by itselft (with ads) , you are most likely having an adware .

If you have an ESET product I recommend that you perform full Standart Scan . Then you can try scan with Spybot Search and Destroy 1.5

Should this doesn't help , contact ESET Technical Support via the internal option of the ESET Product from Help > Contact Customer Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.