Media Builder HDM12 - "missing ntldr" what have I done

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by patsiego, Jan 14, 2014.

1. patsiego

patsiego Registered Member

Media Builder HDM12 - migrate os to different hardware problems

The story so far -

trying to migrate OS (win XP pro SP3) from old laptop with broken hinge to newer laptop.

Thought I could use HDM12 Pro to achieve this, read up on the info and decided to give it a go.

Downloaded media builder from my account, ran it and it gave me the link to download WAIK.

Copied WAIK ISO to usb and burned the image to DVD on another PC (old laptop only has cdrw).

Installed WAIK from DVD onto old laptop then ran media builder, the only thing that I changed was to select bootable media file instead of USB flash drive or CD/DVD/BD. I thought it would create an image file that I could transfer and burn later.

Everything was going ok, then when I looked at laptop later "NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART" was written on the screen.

What have I done wrong? Can I fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You would only get that message if the machine attempted to restart. I have no idea how you got it to do that from your description.

Windows automated startup repir from windows install disc will probably fix it.

3. patsiego

Had no luck finding my xp disk any other suggestions? Not sure why the laptop restarted but when it did the WAIK disk that I burned was in the CD drive, would that have done anything.

4. patsiego

Managed to get it booting again phew! Just wanted to double check that the procedure I'm following, to create the boot disk is correct for migrating the os to different hardware. Thanks

Tried running media builder again and keep getting "unable to mount source file".

Would I be better starting a new post or continue with this?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.