Mech_An Errors with bootcorrect.exe

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by SIW2, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Previous versions of bootcorrect.exe all work fine.

The versions that came with Drive Copy 11 Compact and BR11 Compact throw up errors.

Clicking thru the errors seems to work.

What is different about these newer versions of bootcorrect.exe and why do they care about the native journal not being empty?

par-bootcorrect-error.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Hi SIW2, could you please specify do you execute bootcorrector from Windows or from WinPE?
    Could you please collect and upload LOG files to FTP using credentials from private message?

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Mech An,

Both.

Yes, I have done that - thank you.

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thanks for log files.

1) About non empty NTFS journal: new version of Paragon products now check if NTFS journal is not used by another driver (e.g. Windows native driver) , so when volume has empty NTFS journal it means that it is safe to work with it.
    It was made for more accurate work with partitions and to avoid possible file system errors.

2) Why the warning appears: the warning means that some partitions (almost all partitions in your particular case) contain NTFS journal with entries made not by Paragon while booting from WinPE.
    I should say it is really strange situation, because after correct System Restart there should be no non empty journals left. Also the situation appears to be very rare as several partitions have the issue.

Could you please check the following:
    * start Move\Resize operation from WinPE for your system partition. Check if wizard returns the same warning.
    * collect FS dump (contains only file system info) and provide it for further investigations .

To collect FS dump:
    boot your PC from bootable CD (FTP link I've sent you in private message).
    Run FSdump utility, right click on "7 x64-REIMAGED" partition (one of the partitions with non empty journal), and select to create FSdump. FSdump is small image of file system structure, its size is usually just several megabytes. It doesn't contain any of your private data. Please save fsdump file to flash drive, for example, then upload it to FTP.

Thank you in advance.

5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks for the explanation.

It is the same from within windows - X is the o/s letter of one of my windows installations - I think those logs are from there.

Will upload FS dumps when I find the .iso.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.