Meaning of Error codes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cboy, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cboy

cboy Registered Member

I recently downloaded the trial version of Acronis True Image. After I did a backup and viewed the log I noticed error codes. It appeared the backup was successful but the errors mystify me, please see attached gif file.

Also, having wasted time and money on other backup programs, Iwas highly surprised that this software backed up 21GB in a *.tib file with a size of 14GB in only 12 minutes! I have been used to 2-3 hours with the other programs. Is Acronis True Image really that fast or did something go wrong which I am not aware of?

Many thanks for the input.

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cboy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

These figures called "Error codes" are actually codes of operation results. Depending on the particular value they may mean some error or normal operation. As you see in "Details" box below, the result is "Image creation has succeeded". So there is nothing to worry about.

As for the speed, Acronis exclusive technology allows you to create images faster and image creation doesn't require system reboot.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. cboy

cboy Registered Member

Thank you for clearing this up for me. However, naming this column "error codes" is misleading and therefore confusing. Maybe a rewording might be in order with future updates.

I am impressed with True Image and will purchase.

Many thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.