MDM.exe... safe to stop running?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Brian2005, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian2005

Brian2005 Registered Member

Hi, I noticed that a process called MDM.exe is running on my PC. 2 websites have said that it is up to the user to stop it because it is not necessary. Here is one of the websites: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/mdm/

I am just wondering if it is OK to stop, or if its OK to let it run... and if its OK to stop it, how do I do this?

Thanks,

Brian

2. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Hi Brian,

Disabling should not be a problem, depending on your system? Read more replacing the x's with http ....

xxxx://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_m.htm

xxxx://www.cexx.org/rpcss.htm

GF

3. Brian2005

Brian2005 Registered Member

Hi G-Force,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it is used for developers... but it says it should be ok if I read right that it can be turned off for everyday PC use. So far, everythings running just fine.

Thanks again for replying,

Brian

4. G-Force

G-Force Guest

Anytime Brian. ;)

I believe you read correctly this being a case specific application not needed by the majority.
    Checking .... it's not on my XP system, though wouldn't hesitate disabling if it were.

GF

5. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

It says it`s a non essential process...so you can disable it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.