McAfee VirusScan 13.3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Frank the Perv, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Hopefully this is a major improvement.

From the McAfee website:

McAfee® VirusScan® Plus is now available with revolutionary Active Protection technology, providing immediate protection against malicious threats to your PC. A new threat can be analyzed and blocked in milliseconds, rather than waiting hours for traditional techniques. Active Protection is the best technology to keep you safe from emerging online threats.

With unmatched performance, McAfee® VirusScan® Plus runs silently in the background without slowing down your PC, boasting faster start-up, shut-down and scan times. ​

I've kept McAfee on one of my computers as I have a friend who works there.. and it's interesting to discuss the product with him.

But with superior AV protection (from other vendors) on my other computer and work laptop... it is about time that McAfee gets up to speed with other AVs that passed it by long ago...

McAfee needs to stop being mediocre..

That is all.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

o yes, cuz EVERY AV can now have this so called "revolutionary tech, and "unmatched performance" fancy words for a mediocre AV :thumbd:

4. Fly

Fly Registered Member

They have included 'Artemis' in Virusscan 13.3/SecurityCenter 9.3.

If you have McAfee the update will be/has been pushed.

I was once told that there would be an opt-in or opt-out. After all, it is 'in the cloud' technology, and not everyone is pleased with McAfee phoning home to scrutinize your data (and we don't know what is sent to McAfee).

However, it is hidden, and you are opted-in by default !

If you want to opt-out you'll need to search the SecurityCenter for 'active protection' (not the same as 'real-time protection'), and disable it. (I'm not sure how effective that is, McAfee has a tendency to phone home)

If you search the McAfee forum you'll notice people complaining about generic Artemis errors.

I have no idea if this technology is the same as what was once described as 'Artemis' on the av-comparatives website.

McAfee isn't exactly a great product, and I won't renew it, but if you check av-comparatives you can see that it is one of the very few AVs that produce few/very few false positives. Although it is possible that they may have ruined that with Artemis. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.