McAfee Users pls reply?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by John, uK, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John, uK

John, uK Guest

hello ,

Just wanted to ask a quick question, have many people had a problem with McAfee internet security 2005, where by they install or uninstall software (for example Nero) , and all of a sudden there security softaware comes up asking to Verify.

When i try and varify my subscription and there parts come up expired - but the strange thing it when i reinstall it works fine totally confused.

Would rerally like some McAfee user replys.

Once again thanks for any help or info,

John

2. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

My advice would be to use the VS Enterprise and Mcafee Desktop firewall if you can get them, (Ask your university, its how i got mine).

4. John, UK

John, UK Guest

Thanks for the replys,

Took your advice and went an had a look at the support site as well as the forums. Really suprised at how much a problem there seems to be with McAfee products showing expired. Also there is a lack of Customer support!

''All McAfee Products Are Being Displayed As 'Expired'
    Summary: This article explains how to resolve the problem in which all McAfee products are being displayed as 'expired'. You may also be seeing the message 'verify subscription'. All attempts to resolve, including clicking on the link to verify your subscription have failed. This article is for the current version of MIS 7.x and MPS 7.x users, it is not for the previous version of MIS 6.x and MPS 6.x users.''

''This problem is caused by the deletion of two McAfee files that contain your account information. This forces the products into a state of 'expired' as there is no account information to reference. The deletion of these files occurs when Microsoft SQL Server (sqlservr.exe) and MPS version 7.x is present on the system. This problem will be fixed through a future MPS version 7.x update. Until that time, please follow this workaround to resolve.''

I read all this, and i am very much confused as i dont have Sqlservr.exe on my PC and simply installing programs should not delete files in McAfee software.

I think i'll be heading over to Trend Micro or even back to Norton, when my subscription ends.

Once again thank you for all replys,

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.