McAfee To NOD32 ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Piper, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Well, as you can see, you've come to the right place for feelings regarding security software :D :D

The less activex you can use, the better, generally speaking. And I don't think many people here will disagree that support IS important. Many of the new malware are focused on being as difficult as possible to detect and remove, and no scanner (or combination of scanners) will ever be 100%. Getting help if/when you need it can make all the difference in the world.

Since this isn't exclusively a NOD forum, you can usually find help and advice no matter which product (or combination of products) you decide to use, however :) Despite the strong (and differing) opinions that people here have about the detection rates of various scanners, I think it's safe to say that the choice is ultimately going to come down to your preference in the application itself. You can have the best AV in the world, but it won't do you any good if you can't, or don't know how to, use it.

2. Piper

Piper Registered Member

Since I have less than a month left on my McAfee subscription, I decided to give NOD32 a try. Curiousity got the best of me. ;) :) I uninstalled McAfee, ran two registry cleaners, and did a manual registry search for anything McAfee. I'm now running the trial version of NOD32. I'll run it for a while and see how it goes.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Less then a month well that's nothing. No wasted money there. Good luck let me know what you think of NOD32. I have often considered it myself. ;)

4. Piper

Piper Registered Member

I'll definitely let know. Give me a couple of weeks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.