McAfee questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kdm31091, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

I use Comcast and McAfee AV, firewall etc comes free. I'm not planning to use it but I have a few questions:

1) I read their firewall is only for incoming, is this true? No outgoing protection, like Windows Firewall?

2) I know the AV is good in general, but how is it with spyware/adware? Does it include detection?

3) Does the AV update itself? My sis has it installed and I couldn't find a way to update it.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Overall their security is pretty good. The antivirus part is the strong point. The spyware component is ok but nothing great. If i remember correctly the firewall does have both ingoing and outgoing protection. I can't remember if it updates itself, i used to manually update it. The process was rather tedious as you have to register the software first and then log onto their the update website. I got a free copy of their security suite with my laptop but after using it for a while i uninstalled it in favor of something better.

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Agree. Note that updating in the new version have been improved a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.