Mcafee misses virus, F-Prot picks it up

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Main, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Main

Main Guest

Are you sure I should have this Av as my resident shield, it doesn't seem to do much.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Main,

I think we would need a little more information on what exactly happened, to give you a founded judgement on that. ;)

Regards,

Pieter

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Every AV can miss a virus. That is where you (user/consumer) play important rule. Send infected or suspected file to AntiVirus vendor that you currently use. ;)

Technodrome

4. Main

Main Guest

Pretty sure it was another script, these things never seem to be caught in Mcafee but I'm okay with it.

I have faith in Mcafee even though at times I want to get rid of it.

Hopefully these little viruses that it can't catch aren't a major threat on my system.

It's good to have 2 av's on board to make sure.

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

2 av's on your system is not a guarantee to make 100% sure every virus will be catched.

A lot of people think the same way like you, and assume they are completely safe with 2 or even more av's on one system, and are very surprised when a virus was not catched by one or more installed av-programs.

It is just like Technodrome explained already: "Every AV can miss a virus".

Better 1 top-notch av on your system then 2 or more other av's, and besides that, most of the top-notch av's are using the Kaspersky Engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.