Mcafee Launches Its New Line Of Products..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Legendkiller, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I just happened to visit mcafee's website and they have launched the following new products..
    1.Mcafee Internet Security Suite 11:
    * Offers 8 in 1 protection for your identity, PC, and online experience.
    * Provides online security from Identity Thieves, Spammers, and Predators.
    * Protects your PC from viruses, hackers and spyware.
    * Backs Up and Restores your photos, music and important files.
    * Protects your online experience so you can surf the Web, shop, bank, e-mail and instant message safely and securely.
    * Keeps your PC healthy and secure.
    * Backs Up photos, music, videos, and other important files automatically.
    * Intercepts prohibited Web sites, unwanted activity and offensive pictures to keep your family safe.
    * Simplifies security with the new and improved McAfee® SecurityCenter.
    * Warns you about sites which send spam, install adware, or attempt online scams.
    * Shields your PC around the clock: always on, always protecting, always updating.
    2.Mcafee Total Protection:
    * Offers 10 in 1 Protection and complete online and PC security for your entire family.
    * Stops Wireless Intruders, Identity Thieves, Spammers, and Predators.
    * Protects your PC from viruses, hackers and spyware.
    * Safeguards your identity and online experience so you can surf the Web, shop, bank, e-mail and instant message safely.
    * Intercepts prohibited Web sites, unwanted activity and offensive pictures to keep your family safe.
    * Blocks hackers from attacking your wireless network, safeguarding your personal information and transactions.
    * Automates file and printer sharing among trusted friends and family.
    * Warns you about sites which send spam, install adware, or attempt online scams.
    * Shields your PC around the clock: always on, always updating, always protecting.
    3.Mcafee Protection Plus:
    * Offers 5 in 1 Protection for your PC and files.
    * Protects your PC from viruses, spyware and hackers so you can surf the Web safely.
    * Prevents multi-pronged attacks by integrating anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spyware technologies.
    * Shields your PC around the clock: always on, always updating, always protecting.
    4.Mcafee Viruscan Plus:
    * Offers 3 in 1 PC Protection from viruses, hackers and spyware so you can surf the Web safely.
    * Prevents multi-pronged attacks by integrating anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spyware technologies.
    * Simplifies security with the new and improved McAfee SecurityCenter.

Attached Files:

• Sec.gif
      Sec.gif
      File size:
      56.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

3. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Looks good. :D
    Thanks for the info

4. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

watch the wireless it plays havic with your router after you try to remove it...& any program of Mcafee's that involves privacy advisor will not connect to the internet & has been confirmed as an unresolved issue by McAfee techs, so be careful, in my case I wasted a whole afternoon...

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

My only gripe with McAfee is that Security Centre. A few years ago I tested McAfee VirusScan and the firewall product, but one had to have the SC installed as well. I didn't like that, and neither product functioned if SC was uninstalled.

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Apart for foundstone and stinger I have not looked at Mcafee products for a while now so I dont know if this is new or not, but this caught my eye in the Internet & Total security.

suppose suites will keep on growing.

:cautious: wonder if Mcafee Internet Security Suite will be a M.I.S.S.
    and is Mcafee Viruscan Plus - a M.ost V.aluable P.ro :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Let them grow, who cares. As long as they provide stripped down versions (like VirusScan Plus with just antivirus, antispyware and firewall).
    I must admit this VirusScan Plus version looks interesting. Latest 5100 engine is also quiet good and they offer daily updates for quiet some time now.
    Security Center is also much better it appears and isn't as generic as it was older one.

8. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

RejZoR
    yes I agree.
    I was thinking it was a positive for suite lovers.

9. larryb52

the plus runs fine in fact looks good...it's any of the line that has that privacy or cookie control. It installs corupted & blocks accepting cookies, when hitting the net & because it's corrupted it won't give you a internet connection. Also say away from the wireless product will put firmware on you router & you have to resort to resetting it back to factory settings & refigure...BTW McAfee is aware that they released it with the privacy bug. It doesn't get everybody but obviously bad enough as it didn't work on any of my 3 machines , including my wife's...she's back to the v8 AV from Mcafee (she's a McAfee fan)...anyway stick with the basics...

10. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

For "Mcafee Internet Security Suite 11"

Read "Mcafee Internet Security Suite 9"

11. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Does anyone know if this new version has realtime HTTP scanning for virussen (the same thing that nod32 and KaV 6.0 )?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  12. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

No it doesnt has http real time scanning.

13. Netherlands

OK real bad thing ! even Norton has it in here new 2007 product. Also i think this new product has not mutch new real security things.

14. larryb52

rootkits, I know it covers that...

15. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I think Mcafee VirusScan Plus is the real winner here.It will cost $39.9!
    While the IS will cost the same $69.9,but it think since virusscan plus which contains AV,AS,Firewall and which i think is what an average home pc user needs!

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I think price tag ~40$ for AV, AS and FW is pretty good.

17. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

is active x still needed for updating?

18. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

No active x involved at all.

19. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

thanks...

20. Arin

Arin Registered Member

@Netherlands

You can do without the HTTP scanning. McAfee packs a punch when it
    comes to detecting malwares from websites. Its just a gimmick, don't be
    surprised if you see a plugin for Getright from the AV vendors after a few
    years. That won't necessarily mean that you need it.

21. Netherlands

Now i think it is very usefull. For example KIS 6 has it and it blocks virusses in the internet stream and so no virusses getting on you hard disk

22. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

An HTTP scanner has its uses, but not having one is not going to make a serious security hole in any computer soon. :)

23. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Well, if you need it then you should use it. But it might slow down the surfing speed.

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It's nice to learn that McAfee has finally caught up w/ its rivals with this look-like brand new product. I have used its entire fleet of products until 8 months ago. I think I have some sort of past experience to say few words. This so-called new bundle (such as 10 in 1) is consisted of the following: Virus scan, firewall (both are rated very good, especially with no active X d/l method for this release);AS is a joke; Quick clean has some flaws such as lacking cookie mgr and its restore point mechanism failed some time;private protection blocked some sites w/o remedies; child control is OK; anti-spam is not better than some freewares; and most nortoriously is its wireless protection, upon its installation, internet connection slowed down like a snail, and made matter worse is that if you decide to dump it , it will take your router w/ it, not functioning any more. Given these not very pleasant experience, I would test it very carefully and keep ears open, and look for any black clouds above horizon.:isay:

25. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

No active X that's good. How about the bloat? does it pull to hard on resource useage?

Also a good attempt at multi marketing. Not one size suite fits all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.