McAfee FW v8.5 patch2 and Firefox 1.5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dan_maran, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

All, I have never had any issues with McAfee's Enterprise firewall, until recently,
    This just started happening after Firefox did it's auto update. I do have the application monitoring on, so it is normal for me to see the file changed and trying to access the internet, but now everytime I go to a webpage, even at the same site, McAfee warns me about a file being changed and trying to access the internet. Each popup seems to be a different port but when I view the tcp/udp connections with Sysinternals TCP View it only has a few that match, seems as though they are not realy connecting.

Is this a new "feature" of Firefox to utilize many different ports for a speed increase or maybe it is checking for updates constantly?
    Again this only started happening after the update everything was fine before hand.

Just trying to see if anyone else is experiencing it.

2. dan_maran

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Sounds like it may not be remembering the file change approval. Have you tried removing your Firefox rule(s) and let it start from scratch again?

Regards,

CrazyM

4. dan_maran

Thanks CrazyM, I can't believe that I didn't think of that one yet. !DOH!

Well it did fix it, but I wonder why it wasn't remembering the rule.

And I wonder if it is going to happen for every update of FireFox. Hope not though.

5. Dryopithecus

Dryopithecus Registered Member

Similar problem here. :D

It happend after I installed the eMule 0.47a on my computer without uninstalling the old one (eMule 0.46c).

After I deleted the old rules and created new ones, the problems were gone.

(sorry for my poor english :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.