mcafee enterprise 8.7i beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    i hafe just tested mcafee enterprise 8.7i beta and put the network heristics to very high.
    only one FP on around 40Gb of data.
    seems that Artemis technlogy even on very high produces very little false possitives.

scan time is very slow. 1hour 30mins. im not how much the heristics effects the scan time.

if anyone is interested the fp was mwav update file
    f:\Installers\mwav.exe\ESUPDATE.EXE Generic!Artemis (Trojan)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi,

I think McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i is at RC stage now from the information I gathered from McAfee enterprise web site.
    It's nearly a completed product. I also guess it'll be a free upgrade for current users of VSE 8.5i with current licenses.

I have a spare desktop with about 20GB of data where I'm testing it and it took about 1h:40min to scan it all that with 0 false positives(FP) which is good.

My sister has VSE 8.5i installed on her laptop since she's attending college again and she got it from college.
    I myself not a fan of VSE and the like but I can say this product (at least VSE 8.7i RC) performs relativily well on htat spare PC I have (1GB RAM, P4 w HT 2.8GHZ and 7200RPM 80GB hard disk with Win XP home SP-3) although sometimes a little drag on system resources can be felt specially when browsing and trying to open new tabs on IE7.

Let's see how the final version of this product performs. (From what I've heard the release of VSE 8.7i will be by the end of this month).

Carlos

3. Artemis

Artemis Registered Member

Hi!
    We are :thumb:

Please submit the sample and we'll look into it.
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx

Many thanks.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

will do as soon as i can.
    i have just created a webimmune account and will upload using that.
    there doesnt seem to be a boxto fill out to say its a false possitive?

i sent it and gave as much info as i could.
    i uploaded esupdate.rar

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  5. Artemis

Artemis Registered Member

You can contact the beta feedback group for the product or just drop the virus_research mailbox an email with the ID from webimmune and state that you submitted it as as a FP.

Thanks again.

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Final has been released. Now available with a Grant number in the corporate download section.

7. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Yes, that's right. It's been released. I came across with the news because the IT manager of the company I work for (they use McAfee VSE) mentioned something about it.
    Although, they don't plan to upgrade to that new version yet and rather keep using the 8.0i version.

I tested the 8.7i while it was still Beta and it performed very well, just a little bit “heavier” in computer resource usage than my official AV solution.

Carlos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.