McAfee AntiVirus Plus, IS & Total Protection 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2011

With thousands of new viruses created every day, relying on traditional security updates isn’t enough anymore. Unlike the competition, exclusive McAfee Active Protection™ technology instantly analyzes and blocks new and emerging threats in milliseconds so there’s virtually no gap in your protection.

Download:- --http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/13ae7dc29a2413f3aee002d972a391e6/4cd3f4ac/100173411/software/antivirus/McAfee_AntiVirus_Plus.exe--

2. AvinashR

Comparison Screen-Shot

Attached Files:

3. AvinashR

What's NEW

· (New) Home Screen—Completely redesigned to streamline your security experience. Easily check the status of your protection, monitor how many threats have been blocked, and manage your security—all from the home screen.

· (New) Idle Timer and Scheduler - Reserve security scans and updates for when you are not using your PC, minimizing disruptions.

· (New) Easy Account Management Settings - Create machine aliases, and easily activate, deactivate, or upgrade PC subscriptions.

· (New) Advanced Firewall Integration - Settings made in Microsoft Windows 7 or Microsoft Windows Vista Network Manager will automatically update the McAfee firewall settings.

· (Improved) Parental Controls - Improved filtering controls allow you to effectively manage your children’s online usage.

· (Improved) Alert System - Alerts are less intrusive and easier to understand.

· (Improved) Help Center - Smarter and more intuitive—get accurate answers specifically related to the tasks you’re trying to accomplish with contextual help.

· (Improved) Microsoft Outlook 2010 Integration - For added convenience, the McAfee anti-spam tool will now be shown in a separate tab rather than within the toolbar.

4. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Thx for the update. My trust in the detectionrate of McAfee have been regained, but I still need to se a well working suite. Looking forward testing this one :thumb:

5. AvinashR

No doubt on that. Their Artemis technology is far more better than many other commercial AV's

6. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I wouldnt say that...

7. AvinashR

Have you ever used it?

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

does it still put files everywhere? my isp supply it for free, I tried it once and it put junk everywhere in the system 32 folder that the mcafee removal tool failed to find = o/s reinstall? This was over a year ago but the program reminded me of Frankensteins monster tbh.

9. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Has anyone tried and could say what he found the suite?

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

One thing that made my suspicious is when one AV detected an FP McAFee normally had an Artemis also. Other then that I did see it detecting new Malware with Artemis also.

11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

My first complaint regarding McAfee products is their heavy impact on system resources and how slow they are. It is torture to even run the updater on older XP systems with 512 mg ram. Is this new version any better in this regard?

12. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

well , i am trying it today and would update .

as far as i know the , it got best score in slowdown ( 85 i guess ) in recent av-test which is surprising

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.