McAfee Anti-Spyware 1.0 and Quickclean 4.01

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Xaq, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaq

Xaq Registered Member

My House, it's on that street with the thing
    Does anybody know anything about McAfee Anti Spyware 1.0 and McAfee Quick Clean 4.01? The reason I'm asking about this is because I was offered one free by McAfee and wanted to know a little more about them. Does anyone use either of these softwares or know about them? Thanks. Xaq

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know to much about mcafee antispyware but I have used quick clean and it seemed to work pretty well.

3. slim30097

slim30097 Registered Member

Have used McAfee QuickClean 3.0 for almost a year. The program uninstaller & disk cleaner was satisfactory but I was never able to identify any spyware at all with the program (other programs such as Ad-aware & Spybot disagreed in comparison tests). I'm sure McAfee has improved on spyware recognition since then, but a trial period of at least 30 days is not an unreasonable request by anyone interested in their product.

There are several quality products available for free & updated on a regular basis. Take a look at the posts on this site out & post questions if needed. This site is packed with knowledgeable & helpful members & full of posts on a wide variety of software products. Given these circumstances, a trial period for comparison purposes should be required prior to purchase & offering one for free is no bargain when both for free are available.

Hope this helps - I would be happy to make some recommendations based on my experience as long as your OS is XP.

Good luck,

Slim

4. ocionnfhaolaidh

ocionnfhaolaidh Registered Member

I installed and ran their Quickclean V3 for a while, but finally uninstalled it because jv16PowerTools kept showing that Quickclean still left Registry and file traces of uninstalled apps behind. Maybe the version you've been offered has improved, but on the showing I had, I wouldn't bother with it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.