Mcafee 7.x on demand scanning is so frustrating

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by magoood, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

I am using Mcafee VirusScan 7.03.6000 and i have noticed something strange in the "on-demand aceess" part which didn't exist b4. It's that when i right-click a specific file 2 scan it, i find that Mcafee first scan the windows folder and then the progam files folder and finally the boot sector b4 it starts to scan the specific file in question and this is very boring and frustrating for me. Have checked all the options but nothing there can be disabled to turn that off. I just want to scan the files i only want and that's it.Any ideas ?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It should not do that it should only scan the file you right clicked and selected. Are you selecting a file through the av consol or are you selecting it in the explorer context?

bigc

3. magoood

Thru explorer context menu

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just tried scanning several files and folders thru the context menu and it only scans what is selected. If you can't find the problem I would do a removal and reinstall.

bigc

5. magoood

Weird :mad: How come that happens if we r both using same version ?!
    Anyway, i believe that something wrong in my case which i can't figure out coz i installed it on a diff. copy of XP and still it behaves the same as i described i.e. Once i install the 7.0 Version, it scans only the file i requested it 2 scan but after updating this version to the latest 7.x version update available, this behaviour changes 2 scanning the whole windows folder and the progam files folder b4 it finally scans my file o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.