MBRGuard BSOD, Healthy Drives HELP PLS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maly, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maly

maly Registered Member

Last night i was trying to find alternative virtualization software to use (currently Shadow Defender) yes Shadow Defender was disabled and wasn't active on any Drives before all this, recently installed Diskeeper and used autodefrag aswel as other features that would make my HDD responsive in the background. Finaly i found a Virtualization software called Drive Vaccine that i decided to try out, Installing was easy but at the final close it came up with MBR Failed message which later i looked online at Horizons FAQ and it mentioned that it's mostly due to MBR protection.

This is when i tried uninstalling Blue Ridge MBRGuard and it just wouldn't budge like it said something about needing the files that it used upon installation so because i coudln't uninstall it, i did what i thought was safe and disabled btguard.sys on startup but now everytime i try to boot windows it loads the GUI but 2 seconds in and BSOD strikes. I've used a variety of recovery tools such as Windows Recovery Console with this i tried FIXMBR and FIXBOOT nothing...Active@ shows all my partitions as Healthy and i can browse them just like i was using my original XP, tried a raw disk image backup but the stupid **** won't detect blank dvd,cds?!

Bart-PE - Haven't tried though i don't know exactly what it does or purpose would this be able to solve like being able to use partition doctor disk?

Attempted Fails:

FIXMBR
    FIXBOOT
    ACTIVE PARTITION - MBRFIX some sort of REPAIR MBR function
    MBRWzd FIXMBR
    Partition Doctor - This doesn't even create a RAMdrive or something so that it can run (is it possible to use a bartpe xp and use partition doctor or something like that) ? but i have used this tool before in the past when something simlar to this happened before and it worked that's why i must try it out this round.

Is their anything i can do to get into the registry or cause btguard.sys to load up again on startup since this is what is probally causing it, reason why i think is because it knows where all the MBR information is of the drives right since it changed the tables? so because i unknowingly sillily stopped from startup it's not able to boot windows properly. Never again i'm using MBRGuard if this is the ****, might try nprotect maybe not haha, i really hope someone is able to help thanks.

2. maly

maly Registered Member

As i mentioned about this happening once upon a time i have also Formatted a Disk with either corrupt MBR or a just a non-bootable WindowsXP and from that still i was able to recover all my past files, if my memory serves me correct, this was a very long time ago...now i have even more important files on a 1TB SATAN HD. I can do this ofc with no problem but it's an inconvenience and big risk to take which is why i'd like to get second opinions using known risk-free routes.

The only partition that i need is the D:\BACKUP which is:

LOGICAL partition
    Total Used Space: 276GB
    Total Space: 299GB

The actual size of the HDD is 950GB something like that and the Primary Partition Total Size is something like 600GB+. I can go back into Active@ and get the real figures for this drive if requests are necessary.

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

I once had a simular problem with MBR Guard. I went into safe mode, enabled the btguard again. After re-boot, I downloaded the installer again and removed it.

Try contacting blue ridge for an uninstaller since the MBG Guard is not available as seperate download anymore (try to PM them, I believe Barb something is the rep which is active the AppGuard thread)

4. maly

maly Registered Member

Unfortunately Safemode will not do it in this case, will try that PM tip though thanks for that, let's see what the verdict is of this whole case from the creators themselves lol

5. maly

maly Registered Member

Rectified, this thread can be erased. Thanks

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Well, before it's erased why not share how you rectified the problem? :)

7. maly

maly Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.