MBR Error then error loading operating system

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mikelx, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikelx

mikelx Registered Member

All I've done was install and a few minutes afterwards uninstall Acronis Disk Director Suite.
    After rebooting the machine I entered on an acronis boot menu that said the uninstallation was successful. I pressed OK and the laptop rebooted.

On rebooting I got several MBR errors!
    I got nothing with trying to repair my WinXP installation through the WinXP CD. So I searched in this forum and proceded as indicated in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-73763.html
    running the Fixmbr command.

Now I get "error loading operating system"! This error is quite distressing! What should I do now?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.