MBR Error Solution

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Capp, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I just installed the Beta version (I've had a paid version for awhile) and Love it!!!!. Way to go Eset.

I got the error so many before me have posted about error while scanning MBR. MBR sector of the 3. physical disk - Error reading disk sector

Well, I don't have a 3rd hard drive and my disk is just fine. BUT, I do have a laserjet printer that attaches via USB and Windows likes to set it as a "removable" drive.

After the initial scan that gave me the error, I turned off the printer and made sure I didn't have any more USB devices turned on and then started another scan....No error.

I realize this error message COULD actually be an MBR problem, but maybe this solution will help others

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume your printer storage drive does not use any MBR sector or uses a non-standard one, hence NOD32 reports the error.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Correct. It is just connected via USB. I also get the error when I connect my Thumb-drive via USB as well.

I only posted this so that, in case of simlar circumstances, users might be able to figure out if it is a simple problem or if they have a real error :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.