MbAM Trial v.s. (assuming) Paid version.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LombaxPrime, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LombaxPrime

LombaxPrime Registered Member

Hi all,

Well, let me start of by introducing myself, I go by Lombax, I've been lurking it on here, reading as much as I can about anything and everything on here, I'm not too savy but I try to read the stuff you guys post here so that when my knowledge grows, I can reach into the back of my mind for things I've read through.

Today, my Google on Google Chrome was acting up, I would do google searches and certain links wouldn't open when I would click on them, but others would. The only way I could get the links that wouldn't open by clicking to open was to open a new tab and copy and paste the link or drag the link into a new tab.

I looked up the problem and on some google thread they recommended to download something for Malware.

one of the options was MbAM and I recognised it from one of the threads here, so I donwloaded it, and I realised it said (Trial) on the window when it opened.

So Tl/DR: I'm wondering is there any true difference between the Trial version and waht I'm assuming to be a Paid version?

Is it worth it to get this Paid version?:blink:

Thanks Wilderineans,

Lombax :cool:

2. iammike

iammike Registered Member

I have been using the Free MBAM version for a couple of months and just very recently bought a License. And honestly I don't have any regrets buying it.

The Main reason why I bought it was because of the Real Time Protection and the Website Blocking Feature.

This page will clearly state the difference between Free and Pro

-http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/-

Please note that MBAM is not a replacement for your Virus scanner

-http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/20818081-does-malwarebytes-anti-malware-replace-antivirus-software-

3. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Welcome to the forum. For the trial version vs Pro version, there is no difference but the realtime protection will be terminated once the trial ends. The free version can only remove and detect but not protect. I myself own a license. I think it is worth it to buy one license because it works so well.

4. justenough

justenough Registered Member

Welcome aboard LombaxPrime. MBAM is great, have you been following these tests?
    http://www.blog.mrg-effitas.com/
    I would have paid for it anyway just to support their good work, but for me it was worth it to be able to set up automatic scheduled updates and scans, since I usually don't run an AV real-time.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

MBAM is definitely worth paying for.

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

When you installed MBAM it should have given you the option to run it as the pro version for 30 days.

Aside from the real time protection, and website blocking (something I will never use in this or any other product) the flash scan is enabled, and with that it does extremly fast scans - around about a minute.

7. LombaxPrime

Hi guys,

Thanks for replying, I feel welcome here :)

Looks like I'll be saving up and buying myself the license then. As for the option to run the Pro version for 30 days, I must've not seen it.

I'm currently running Norton Security, which I did buy and Re-newed a couple of months ago, I just finished downloading Hitman Pro as well (like 2 seconds ago.)

I look forward to discussing with you all

-Lombax :cool:

8. Yes Lombax buy it! I own 2 licenses and must say worth every penny!

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Absolutely no doubt.

10. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

You only just missed a deal at Bitsdujour, 40% discount. The deal will probably come round again, however you may have to wait several months.
    If you can't wait try googling a discount code. I just tried this one BM6-3S7-665 at the checkout, it gives you 20% off ( UK ) :)

11. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I've seen NIS fall down and HMP pick it back up... literally.
    And the same goes for MBAM. It can find and clean infections that typical AVs can't. They are both remarkable programs.
    I own licensed copies of both, and run MBAM realtime with Website Blocking turned on.
    As much as I love MBAM and HMP, the best security software I run is Sandboxie. As I've noted before, Sandboxie is like paint... it covers a multitude of AV sins. So while you are contemplating how to run MBAM and NIS, take a bit of time to look into Sandboxie. It can change your computing life around. ;)

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Same here.;)

13. LombaxPrime

I'll definitely look into Sandboxie, thanks for the tip

- Lombax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.