MBAM Scans

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by puff-m-d, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I have an observation that I would like comments about. This concerns the difference between a flash scan, a quick scan, and a full scan. What I have observed is this:
    Flash scan - about 180,000 items scanned on my system in less than 1 minute,
    Quick scan - about 220,000 items scanned on my system in about 2 minutes
    Full scan - about 110,000 items scanned on my system in about 20 minutes
    Now in my logical way of thinking, it seems the full scan should scan more items than either a flash or a quick scan (especially since the scan time is dramatically longer with the full scan, but why is this not true but basically just the apposite. As you see my flash and quick scans always scan scan a higher number of items in a LOT less time than my full scans.
    (Just a little observation from one that likes to know what is happening and/or going on with the different features of all my apps)
    Any ideas or comments as to why I may be seeing this on my system?
    Thanks in advance for any insights anyone may have.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hello,

With the full scan: did you scan all your partitions? Also there is nothing in the ignore list?

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Yes, all partitions on all hard drives are set to be scanned (4 partitions on three hard drives). I only have two NirSoft files on my exclusion list (rdpv.exe - remote desktop password recovery and astlog.exe - asterisk logger) and one registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel\\Homepage - used to lock down all home page settings in IE9). Items scanned along with times stated in the GUI have been compared to actual scan reports and information does match from both.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.