MBAM + Nod32 v3 + OA free ??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by makios, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makios

makios Registered Member

Hi there,
    Is someone using Malwarebytes' Antimalware realtime together with Nod32 v3 and OA free?
    I'm still looking for the best combination for my setup, Nod32 v3 and OA free are i.m.o. very good products with low memory footprint, but I'm still looking for a resident AS to make it 'complete'.
    I like MBAM on-demand, and I am thinking of going to use it realtime.
    There seems to be no trial with realtime; what about the footprint with nod32 and OA?
    Do they work well together??
    Thank, Makios

2. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Right now i'm only running the Vista firewall with Nod v3 and Superantispyware Pro with Malwarebytes on demand.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'm running OA paid with SAS real time and MBAM on demand along with NOD32 V3.672. I'm sure that you could run MBAM real time with no problem. The only reason I'm running SAS real time instead of MBAM is because I paid for it, and was running it before I found MBAM. :)

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Actually would be a very strong combo those 3 you mentioned and also they shoul;d be 100 compatible with each other. I have run MBAM in realtime before vista 64 and i didnt experience any slowdowns or w/e.

5. makios

makios Registered Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for your replies.
    I just bought it and seems to run very okay with low mem. footprint. No problems with Nod32 or OA.
    Also still have Prevx CSI running with scheduled scans. Maybe I will drop this later on.
    I think (after a serious search) I found a very good security-setup for my PC now! (I hope ;) )
    Makios

6. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'd suggest that CSI & MBAM are doing pretty well the same thing. I'd uninstall one of them just use Nod & MBAM realtime or maybe upgrade CSI to PrevxEDGE & use that with Nod.

7. makios

makios Registered Member

Uninstalled Prevx CSI. I also think Nod32 + MBAM will cover most of the malware. So Prevx would be overkill.
    Tried Prevx Edge before; liked it, but it has a larger footprint then MBAM on my system.

8. makios

makios Registered Member

Testing Avira free now, 'cause maybe it can replace Nod32 when my license expires..

Also: Avira seems to have a smaller footprint then Nod32 on XP SP3 o_O - Nod32 not so light anymore ..
    So then it would become: OA free with hips, MBAM, Avira free
    But for now I'm only testing this setup for a while, because I really like Nod32.

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I am using Avira PP (Paid) and OA Free (used to be comodo 3.5 till the latest matousec"s Firewall challenge) and MBAM, as you say makios NOD32 isn.t light any more.

10. makios

makios Registered Member

Hi,
    Carver, why do you use the premium version of Avira. Do you have MBAM running resident together with it (so that would be 2 antispywares resident)?
    Thanks, Makios

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.