MBAE Exploit CVE-2014-4936 - Sure It Is Patched?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by itman, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

Ref: http://www.securityweek.com/malwarebytes-anti-exploit-upgrade-mechanism-vulnerable-mitm-attacks.

I know I am going to subject myself to unrelenting attacks by the MBAE fanboys but I decided to let it rip anyway. Guess I am a masochist at heart ...............

Two weeks I downloaded the recent free ver. of MBAE from the MalwareBytes web site. I then proceeded to do some testing, etc. with it. During those two weeks, I had two instances of strange WIN 7 firewall inbound blocked activity at cold boot time. Blocked DNS plus a couple of inbound IPs for TCP port 80/443. Didn't think a lot about it although I had never previously seen that type of firewall activity.

Then on the cold boot of 2/20, all hell ripped loose. I had 19 blocked inbound TCP 80/443 request from IP 54.83.10.61 aka stats.mbamupdates.com, also 9 inbound blocked TCP 80/443 from 69.16.175.10 aka the infamous CNet crapserver farm, and a splattering of blocked DNS from my Norton DNS servers.

I immediately uninstalled MBAE and scrubbed all traces of it from my PC. I have not had any strange blocked inbound firewall activity since.

Let it rip, boys ..........................

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Already Posted. Please Search First. Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.